How It Works
Integrative Health Coaching Is About Growth Throughout Your Life
We start with your vision for your life. How do you picture your best health? How do you want to live your life? Where do you want to live? What would the geography, community, and your surrounding space be like? How much energy would you like to have? What activities would you like to do? How would you like to feel and look? Together we will take your unique ideas and formalize them into one solid image that you can use as your inspiration.
Why is this vision so important to you? What are the priorities in your life? What goals do you want to achieve? Which dreams do you want to fulfill? Pam will show you how the things that are most important to you will help you achieve and sustain your vision.
Your Best Life
Pam will help you identify and set your unique set of goals. She will help you identify any challenges or obstacles specific to your life situation and identify ways to overcome them. She will teach you the skill of setting meaningful, attainable goals so you can maintain your health to match your vision and values throughout your life.
Integrative health coaching is not just another program that you need to force yourself to fit into. You can make changes in your health without the struggle. Integrative Health Coaching enables you to start where you are and make changes in your lifestyle as you need.
Duke Integrative Medicine Wheel of Health
The central focus of this model is YOU, which emphasizes that you are the expert in your life.
- Surrounding you in yellow is mindful awareness, which is paying attention on purpose in the present moment without judgment. By learning to pay attention in this way, you can become much more aware of what is happening within you and respond to the changes in your life and health in a proactive way.
- In the green area of the circle, we have a layer of seven different dimensions of self-care, which is a very complete picture of health and lifestyle, including internal as well as external factors. All of these dimensions are viewed as very important to your overall health.
- On the outer ring in blue, we have the conventional and complementary approaches, both prevention (including health planning, disease prevention, early detection) and intervention when necessary.
How does Integrative Health Coaching work?
- By working with the whole person, and taking the time to listen to your concerns, asking powerful questions and helping motivate you to make lifestyle changes.
- By facilitating inquiry and personal discovery.
- By facilitating behavior change in a structured and supportive partnership between you and your coach.
- By identifying obstacles to change and lasting strategies for forward movement.
- By providing valuable resources for making healthy behavior changes.
- Integrative Health Coaching sessions can take place over the telephone, online or in person